Schumer tells Democrats they will likely lose a majority of the House


Nancy Pelosi is ‘in trouble’, Senate Majority Leader warned

Getty Images

Anna Allen • September 15, 2022 1:00 p.m.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., NY) warned fellow Democrats at a private dinner that they would likely lose the majority in the House and that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D. , California) was “in trouble”. News reported.

Schumer told a rally of Democratic senators on Monday evening that if an election were held today, there was a “60% chance that we would hold the Senate and a 40% chance that we would hold the House.” Sources said News that patrons heard Schumer making the comments out loud while dining at Trattoria Alberto, a restaurant near Capitol Hill. Other Democratic senators at the dinner included Chris Coons (Del.), Mark Kelly (Arizona), Chris Van Hollen (Md.), Tom Carper (Del.), John Hickenlooper (Colo.) and Dick Durbin (Ill.).

Schumer also said Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D., W.Va.) claim that taxes on the wealthy are akin to “inflation” was “ridiculous.”

This week’s Labor Department report showing persistent inflation, which sent the stock market tumbling, dealt a blow to Democrats’ hopes for an improving economy, which remains the top issue for US voters.

Schumer donated $15 million from his campaign coffers to Democratic Senate campaigns, and his Senate Majority PAC invested $3.2 million in New Hampshire’s Republican primary in hopes of knocking down the moderate Republican in the race, Chuck Morse.

Previous Statement from President Joe Biden on Interim Rail Works Agreement
Next New York advances low-carbon building law